Monday, October 14, 2013

God- I'm Really Mad, at You

God, I'm really mad and I'm mad at you. Sounds like words inviting lightning and destruction, don't they? My opinion is there is no better way to be an Authentic Christ Follower than knowing that you can express the deepest pain and questioning in your soul. To think that an honest heart cannot make this expression is to really deny the all knowing power and majesty of God. We cannot say anything that will cause God to love us any less, or more, for that matter.

There are many times in our life when we can look back and say, "After that point things changed." I can honestly say that my greatest sense of spiritual freedom came when I told God what He already knew. I was mad, mad at Him, mad at my denomination, mad at myself. He already knew all of that, it was just that I needed to come to point in my trusting that I could honestly express my anger.

All around the world there is terrible injustice and pain. Innocent men, women and children die by the thousands and many of us cry to God, God please stop all of this. And, it continues day by day, month by month and on and....... 

After spewing out all of my anger, I shut up and spent time listening. No world changing revelation came to me. Very slowly I began to understand the revelation meant for me. All mankind is given the freedom to bless or curse, heal or hurt, give or take. When we act positive we can bless the poor, the innocent, the suffering. When greed and hatred fill our actions the innocent suffer and die.

God, by His understanding of me, allowed some terrible things to happen, so I would continue to be transformed into His servant.

It is OK to  be mad at God, He already knows and loves us anyway.

Tedd Galloway is the pastor of West Adrian Community Church and the author of the soon to be released book, A Mother's Heart Moved the Hand of God. Morgan James Publishing is setting the release date. He is also working on a novel that will follow the first, The Crossing. You can follow him on Facebook and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment