Monday, December 23, 2013

Holding God

I watched in absolute silence as my daughter was born. O, there was a lot of noise in the operating room in Blodgett Hospital, but I didn't hear a word. I was part of the greatest miracle humans can experience, the birth of a child. I came around when the doctor spoke to me and asked me if I wanted to hold my child first. In a second, or less, I was holding creative perfection.

I wonder what Mary and Joseph thought that night so long ago when they were holding  onto God. Was the skin of baby Jesus extra soft to their touch? Did he have the scent of purity and innocence covering him like a blanket. When He cooed and made the precious baby noises did his parents understand that it was the voice of their child that spoke solar systems, galaxies and the very universe into existence?

Take a moment with me and allow the miracle of, "Logos Incarnate"too seep into your soul. Mary and Joseph had placed in their hands, God Almighty. When Mary bathed the baby Jesus she was bathing God. When she nursed him at her breast she was giving life to God. How absolutely incredible those scenes would have been.

Simeon was an old man who had God moments and was given a message to his soul. The message was that he would not see death until he held the salvation of Israel and the light to the gentiles. On the eighth day of the life of Jesus he was taken to the temple to observe the prescribed law and ritual. Upon entering Simeon held onto the baby Jesus and his soul sang for joy and the fulfillment of the promise given to him. An old man holding onto God. As he lived in peace with God he could die content and in peace with God.

There are precious memories that God has allowed me to place within my heart. Spiritual memories of holding God. They are memories of absolute stillness when the presence of the Almighty was as real as my grandchildren on the couch laughing and my wife sitting close to me. Yes, there are times when I had the absolute honor to hold God. And, you know what? I have watched others who have shared in that honor with me.

Merry Christmas and hold God.


Tedd Galloway is the author of the soon to be released book by Morgan James Publishing, A Mother's Heart Moved the Hand of God. The book is scheduled to be released in the spring. you can also visit his website at http://.www.teddgalloway.com

No comments:

Post a Comment