Sunday, March 29, 2009

Lessons from our dog

Our dog, Scout is outside in the rain and sleet and I am ticked at him. No he didn't have an accident or get into the garbage. He was able to get a package of mini cookies from the center of the counter. Now Scout is no dummy, most dogs aren't. Remember we take care of them. At three in the morning he and Frizzy needed to go outside. When they come in and have done their thing they usually get a treat. Well at three I gave Scout his usual peanut butter flavored dog biscuit. Now Frizzy has no teeth left, so he got one of the cookie treats. They are about an inch in diameter, just the size of his mouth. Both got their treats and I headed off to try and sleep. Three hours later Scout wakes me in his usual way, he puts his massive paws on me and tries to roll me over. His paws are wet and I know something is up. Out of bed and into the kitchen I go. As I pass the arch into the living room I spot a dozen unwrapped and empty mini-cookie packages. I can't even open them without turning red. So outside Scout goes and now he wants in. I probably should go lay down outside and let him in. Lord, thank you for the found in the ditch, weighs 120, eats like a horse dog. Help me be as patient with him as You are with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment