Sunday, April 26, 2009

Faith is the Victory

There is an old hymn that has a line in it, Faith is the victory that overcomes the world. I have been slowly moving from Passover and the crucifixion to the Easter morning. That seems to be the way I move most of the time. This spring I have spent a lot of time and heart work thinking and pondering the crucifixion of Christ. I must admit that it probably has been to some neglect of the resurrection truth. I am reminded that the stone was rolled away from the tomb, not to let Jesus out of the death chamber, but to let me inside. To let me inside the monument to mens mortality, the cave of darkness that has scared mankind for millenia. I can appraoch the tomb and look inside and see for myself the linen bondage wraps set aside. Next to them I see the napkin neatly folded that covered His face.

The power of our faith is found in the Holy Spirit, the same Spirit that raised Jesus from the tomb. No other faith or religion or spiritual teaching has the dynamic of the Holy Spirit. The same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead brings life to our spirit. His Spirit witnesses to my spirit that I am a child of God. Jesus Christ is my brother and God is my Father. It is a good thing to spend time and pray and ponder the events of Passover and Christ's crucifixion, but not to the neglect of the mystery of the resurrection.

No comments:

Post a Comment