Friday, March 22, 2019

Etche Enters


Just before Rose and Gene got to the door, it opened and in stepped a man. He was dressed in dark green brush pants, a dark rust colored heavy cotton-canvas shirt, and an oiled dark olive hat. As he stood in the door, his presence was powerful and striking. The stubble on his face, hair to his shoulders, and his countenance gave the impression of a very rugged woodsman. 
Stepping forward, he took Gene’s hand, pulling him forward the two men embraced. As they turned to the door, the newcomer looked across the diner and caught Al’s eye. He gave Al a slight smile and nod of his head.
Gene and the rugged looking man walked out the back door. Rose turned towards Al; her face was glowing as she walked to the table. She said, “I am filled with joy every time I see Etche, the River Guide. And, when I get to introduce a traveler to him, well I’m so filled with joy, I just, I just want to shout.” 
Al was silent as Rose sat on the seat across from him. Finally he said, “What is really going on here? And, who is this Etche, the River Guide?” Rose answered back, “All in good time. All in good time. I have another traveler coming in in just a couple of minutes. I have a couple of things I need to get ready.”

No comments:

Post a Comment