Thursday, June 24, 2010

From the Tombs cont.

But then the voices started. It was just a whisper in the beginning. I would be busy playing or doing the chores my mom gave me to do and then the voice would come. It was like somebody bent down real close to my ear and whispered softly to me. It was so quiet that their breath was as loud as the words I heard. I resisted the words that came into my head for a real long time. The thoughts from the voice scared me. The voice would come and I would stiffen and clench my fists and tell myself that I wasn't gonna listen.

I don't really remember how long I was able to keep fighting the voice, it seemed like a long time. I do remember the first time I listened to the voice. I mean, I listened before, but this time I let the voice stay in my head. I was down by the lake playing. I was throwing stones in the lake. I liked to throw the big stones in because they made a big splush sound.As I was throwing stones the voice came whispering in my ear. The voice came again this time a little louder. I tried to stop, but then I listened for a moment.

"Go Ahead, it won't hurt. Hit yourself with your stone. It won't hurt, hit your hand just a little. It won't hurt I tell you, go ahead." the whisper seemed warm and I listened. I remember hitting my hand across my knuckles with the stone. The pain shot straight up my arm and my mind was hollering at me, "That was wrong, that was wrong, you should have never listened." I was crying and my knuckles were all bloody. What was I going to tell my mom? I had never lied to her before, but I had to. How could I tell her about the voice that had been whispering to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment