Friday, March 14, 2014

Writing

I wrote, A Mother's Heart Moved the Hand of God, as a therapeutic exercise. I was pretty messed up and confused in my understanding of God and my denomination. I was mad at God for letting some really evil things happen. He allowed things that were in opposition to my understanding of scripture and His faithfulness. My denomination devastated my trust and confidence. The writing and subsequent thinking and praying time brought me to a new understanding and love for God.


Through a rather miraculous meeting I was able to get the manuscript printed and the book was released to the general public in March of 2012. I had some great expectations and every person who read the story expressed gratitude and how the truth touched them. If there were any negative readers I was never made aware of them.


During the first of August of 2012 I received a shocking letter in the mail. The publishing house that handled the book was filing Federal Bankruptcy. Many authors were caught up in the mess of trying to get their artistic materials back, manuscripts and art work. I was told that it might take months to get my files, if at all.


God worked in some mysterious ways and a few months later I was blessed to have the files sent back to me. A man of integrity knew the position I was in and made sure I received the files. When I got the files back I had to decide the next move. Should I just forget about the book or press on, that was the question I needed to answer.


The answer came as friends and others who read the book encouraged me to get it out to readers. Well, faith, work and perseverance paid off and a very reputable company worked with me over the past year to get the book ready for release. The new release time is just weeks away and I am in the process of getting ready to send out review copies to various media outlets. That has been made available through the help of a very gifted public relations firm, Meg McAllister PR. She has helped me because she believes in the book and the message.


I would love the message of Transforming Love to spread around the world. Whether we like it or not the color of skin is still an issue and all colors of skin must deal with it. As a follower of Christ the biggest challenge to me is to listen and obey his words, "By the way you love each other is the way you prove you are my disciple."


I am so glad I was able to learn that lesson. I pray that I can do my part to spread the message of Transformational Love.


Tedd Galloway is a former missionary and is currently the pastor at West Adrian Community Church. His book, A Mother's Heart Moved the Hand of God, is soon to be released through, Morgan James Publishing. You can follow Tedd on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. His website is, www.teddgalloway.com

No comments:

Post a Comment