Thursday, July 19, 2018

Knowing What is Right


Al asked Reverend Williams, “How do I know what the right thing to do is? How do I know the voice of God?”  Reverend Williams replied, “At times it is hard to understand the voice of God. Some people look for signs from God. Other people think God will openly talk to them. I have found that when I look at the circumstances that surround a situation and pray earnestly about the options the Lord has a way of giving me light.”

Shifting his position, Reverend Williams’ continued, “Now, Al, take this place. We’ve told you about Joey wanting to have a place of love and redemption. It was just days after we buried him it was plain to me and the Mrs. what we were supposed to do. I was happy being a pastor in the country. I loved the folks and most of them loved me.” At that point he chuckled and continued, “You see son, in our heart we knew that this was the right thing to do.”

Al was focused on the words of wisdom coming from a Godly man who had witnessed the blending of faith and real life decisions. Reverend Williams continued, “You will do the right thing if, you clearly look into your heart, understand your passion, and then the direction you sense, is the right thing. Your sense of the right thing is the right thing. Commit it to God, He cares for you and he has brought you this far. He is not going to leave you alone and if you make a mistake, big deal, every person who does something makes a mistake. The only person who never makes a mistake is the lazy slug that does nothing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment