Monday, March 16, 2009

Greetings

Greetings!

What is blogging all about? I guess there are numerous answers, perhaps hundreds or thousands. I want this blog to be about living as a servant. Yes, I want to be a servant , a servant of God. A lot of days I feel that my serving has pretty much flopped. I have a feeling that there are a lot of people that share that feeling. I want to reach people that have real questions about faith, suffering, justice, poverty and issues that at times leave us with more questions than answers.

My adult life has pretty much been spent in ministry. I was ordained in 1979 and served churches in Michigan and spent time in Zambia on the African continent. While living in Zambia a wonderful baby came into our life. Her birth mother died of malnutrition during delivery. My wife, Donna, began taking care of her when she was two days old. Many times that little baby came close to death but the Lord had other plans.

Did you ever wonder about the timing of God? Well I sure have. We live in our little world totally unaware of what God can do. Our plans get upset and we wonder waht in the world is going on. We went to Zambia ready to serve God in a nice planned out way. We were not expecting another child, in fact I went to the doctor to make sure we didn't have any more children. Then God invaded our nice plan and blessed us beyond our wildest dreams. More about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment